Friday, April 16, 2010

Maybe I *AM* Old...


I finally realized today that I am getting old.

This revelation occured while I was watching a movie I hadn't seen in ages: Wild Things.

I wasn't even that interested in watching the movie, but I noticed that Bill Murray was in it and he is one of my favourite actors.

So I am watching this movie. The main character, played by Matt Dillon, has been accused of raping two young girls played by Denise Richards and Neve Campbell.

A trial reveals that the accusations are all a huge lie. It turns out, the man and the two girls are all in on it for the purposes of getting a gigantic cash settlement from one of the girls' rich parents.

I was actually quite interested in the story.
I watched... entertained... as the movie approached its well-known climax: the lesbian/threesome scene.

It was here that I realized that I was old.

As it got closer and closer to this part of the movie I was thinking, oh shit.. THAT part is coming.. I wish we could just skip that scene and get back to the narrative of the story.

You see, I can recall as a young man skipping through the movie to 'get to the good part'. I could have cared less about the story... I just wanted to see these two, hot chicks get naked.

Fast forward 10-15 years and now I could care less about the scene... GET BACK TO THE STORY dammit! The worst part is that its not like it is an oscar caliber script... I just got interested in the plot.

There must be something wrong with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment